Wednesday, March 26, 2008

...And a Rear View!



Now that N.B. has posted her charming characterization of the artist on Horn Hill, I thought I'd post another view of her that I incorporated into a painting. I don't know what it is about her--whether it's her Western style hat or her red shoes or her stance--but she was an appealing subject. I also borrowed a photo from N.B. and painted myself into the view, though I consider myself to be ordinary in comparison.

I'm calling this Painting and Cocktails because everywhere you look on Monhegan there are artists standing in front of easels and people sitting and admiring the view while sipping cool drinks.

1 comment:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

I'm honored my photo of Alex's rear end...oops I mean, photo of painters on Horn Hill, was used for this painting! Everyone on the island is painting similar views and vistas...wouldn't it be cool if there was a "24 Hours on Monhegan Island" paint-out and subsequent exhibit, similar to the 24 hour photo events? It'd make a nice book, too. Maybe for painting rather than photography you'd want to make it 48 or 72 hours...but same idea. I'm just dreaming!