Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Little More Long Pond...



Well, Alex,that was a beautiful and moving post! You're a natural at this blogging stuff. Since we were on the subject of Long Pond I thought I'd post this little painting of it I did, sitting on Diana's lakeside porch on Mount Desert Island. Was it the first evening we got there? Or maybe when we got back to the cabin after our rainy day of painting at Seawall. Can't recall now.

Alex's post made me think of this piece, because it and another plein air (the rainy morning near Seawall one) are currently in the Small Works show at Artists' House Gallery in Olde City. I am going to the Sunday reception tomorrow, 1-4. If any of you are around please come too!

By the way, I uploaded a page of all the paintings I did on our September trip:
Maine plein air 9/07
Five of these are currently hanging on gallery walls: Sherry French Gallery has all three of the Monhegan ones up, and then two from Mount Desert Island at Artists' House. Five out of eight is pretty good odds, for me anyway.

Last Light on Long Pond, oil on canvas laid to board, 4 x 6 inches

No comments: